Saturday, August 21, 2010

boxed in

To put on my beret and stroke my goatee for a moment, there's a great quote from French novelist Andre Gide that goes something like: "To be loved is nothing. What I desire is to be preferred."
Ie, he wants to be loved most.

1. Musicals
2. The sense of Schopenhauerian relief I get just after meeting a deadline
3. The word 'squelch'
Can I get those wrapped in the blue sparkly paper?

Anyway, no thank you, State, I outrageously prefer not to squander my love on stuff, but keep it for people.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janet. I love this blog. Iris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I am just catching up now on your post-lings, and way to go for working in Gide and Schopie in the same post. Rock it, lady who is preferred!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh yay intellectual wankery! thanks my preferred Donna-oh!

    ReplyDelete